BS 10012 Personal Information Management System
BS 10012:2017 is the British standard that sets out the requirements for a personal information management system and aligns with the principles of the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).
It outlines the core requirements organizations need to consider when collecting, storing, processing, retaining or disposing of personal records related to individuals.
There are 6 principles of Data Protection
- Lawfully, fairly and transparently processed
- Purpose limitations
- Data minimisation
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Storage limitations
Benefit of BS 10012
- Sustain competitiveness
- Meet with Client requirement
- Provide the assurance that your organisation can demonstrate compliance with GDPR.
- hProactively control Personal Information.
- Boosts the corporate reputation through recognition of the BS 10012.
- Enhance Clients’ trust
What is it for ?
- handing a huge amount of database including personal data
Looking for a helpful BS 10012 Consultant?
Frequent Asked Question
UKAS means the United Kingdom Accreditation Service. UKAS is the UK’s National Accreditation Body, responsible for determining, in the public interest, the technical competence and integrity of organisations such as those offering testing, calibration and certification services
ISO certification without UKAS accreditation may mean that your organisation have a risk to lose large contracts and business opportunities due to unrecognised ISO certification.
The Fees depend on company size, number of locations, business nature and operation complexity.
For Company (Staff < 20), it take 6 months on average.
For Company (Staff ~50), it take 8 months on average.
For Company (Staff ~100), it take 8-10 months on average.
You may take below steps :
1) ISO Gap Analysis.
2) Establishment of BS 10012 Documentation.
3) Attend BS 10012 Training.
4) Implementation of BS 10012 System.
5) Arrange an Internal Audit
6) External BS 10012 Audit by Certification Body
There are two major Fees.
1) BS 10012 Certification Fee charged by Accredited Certification Body such as SGS, Lloyd’s Register,BV, BSI, British Assessment, NQA…
2) Consultant Fee charged by us.
The Fees depend on company size, number of locations, business nature and operation complexity
Yes. You can take a series of training courses, draft the documentation…. liaise with Certification Body if you have sufficient time and master the BS 10012 requirements
No. Because of conflict of interest. Certification Body can provide BS 10012 Standard generic training only but cannot tell you how to implementBS 10012 System in your company.
Yes. In general, ISO Consultant will draft documentation, guide your company to implement BS 10012 system until passing in BS 10012 Certification Audit.
In general, the company can put the BS 10012 logo in the website, name card and letterhead after receipt of corresponding BS 10012 Certificate