CQI IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 QMS Lead Auditor Course
You learn more with this
DURATION: 5 days (40 hours including a 2 hour written examination)
The purpose of this training course is to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of quality management systems (QMS) against ISO 9001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable.
Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as a QMS auditor or as a quality function personnel.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the two (2) hour closed book examination will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement. Based on CQI IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA registered QMS Lead Auditor/Auditor. This course runs in collaboration with HKV Academy.
On completion, successful students will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of a QMS, of quality management systems standards, of management system audit, of third party certification and the business benefits of improved performance of the QMS;
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a QMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up audit of a QMS to establish conformity with ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable.
- Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain a QMS;
- All QMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status;
- Those who wish to explore career opportunities in management system auditing.
CQI IRCA recommends that students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Management systems including the PDCA cycle and the core elements of a management system;
- Quality management including the seven quality management principles;
- Relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- ISO 9001 requirements and the commonly used quality management terms and definitions.
The above knowledge may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA Certified QMS Foundation Course or equivalent.
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the questions.
- General introduction;
- Quality management principles, vocabulary and ISO 9001 requirements;
- Stage 1 audit (including document review);
- Audit planning;
- Process auditing and audit skills;
- Writing NC reports and audit reporting;
- Audit follow up.
(CQI IRCA Approved Training Partner No. 0602 2954 ; Course ID 17973 )