This CQI IRCA certified ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems Lead Auditor Course provides basic training for potential QMS Lead Auditors with the knowledge and skills to prepare, conduct, report and follow up 1st, 2nd and 3rd party QMS audits. The course meets the training requirements for auditor certification set by the Chartered Quality Institute and International Register of Certificated Auditors (CQI IRCA, www.quality.org) of the United Kingdom.
Through tutor-led discussions, exercises, workshops and role-plays, students will gain sufficient knowledge and skills in the entire auditing process and get prepared as a QMS professional.
Who Should Attend
- Members/supporting personnel of the Quality Management Team who have responsibility to audit/implement/improve a quality management system;
- Personnel who are involved in operation/engineering/purchasing who wish to gain maximum benefit from the QMS implementation; and
- Any other personnel who wish to advance their career in management systems, irrespective of discipline.
Prior Knowledge Requirements
Students are expected to have prior knowledge on the following subjects:
- Management systems including the PDCA cycle and the core elements of a management system;
- Quality management including the seven quality management principles;
- Relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- ISO 9001 requirements and the commonly used quality management terms and definitions.
The above knowledge may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA Certified QMS Foundation Course or equivalent
- General introduction;
- Quality management principles, vocabulary and ISO 9001 requirements;
- Stage 1 audit (including document review);
- Audit planning;
- Process auditing and audit skills;
- Writing NC reports and audit reporting;
- Audit follow up